Billing in BC: Basics for Specialty Medicine
The University of British Columbia Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide study credits for continuing medical education for physicians. This course has been reviewed and approved by the UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development. This educational Program is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1), as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of British Columbia for up to 1.0 Maintenance of Certification (Section 1) credit hours.
Specialists in BC, international medical graduates in BC, residents in BC
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of physician payment structure in BC with a focus on fee for service billing.
- Organize a billing number and understand the mechanics of billing.
- Identify how fees are created, defined and maintained.
- Recall tips on using the current MSP and SSC fee guides.
- Recognize confusing areas and commonly missed billings.
- Describe the general billing integrity process.
UBC CPD eLearning, firstname.lastname@example.org