Billing in BC: Basics for Specialty Medicine
The University of British Columbia Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide study credits for continuing medical education for physicians. This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program (MOC) of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and has been approved by UBC CPD for up to 1.0 MOC Section 3 Self-Assessment hours (credits are automatically tripled in MAINPORT). Each physician should claim only those credits accrued through participation in the activity.
Specialists in BC, international medical graduates in BC, residents in BC
Online Module from Vancouver BC
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of physician payment structure in BC with a focus on fee for service billing.
- Organize a billing number and understand the mechanics of billing.
- Identify how fees are created, defined and maintained.
- Recall tips on using the current MSP and SSC fee guides.
- Recognize confusing areas and commonly missed billings.
- Describe the general billing integrity process.
UBC CPD eLearning, firstname.lastname@example.org