Time: 8:15 - 3:15 pm
This RCM-approved workshop is for all maternity care providers including obstetricians, family physicians, midwives, nurses and learners. The workshop will provide an engaging and interactive update on professional skills to facilitate physiological breech births, planned or unexpected, and how to teach these skills to others.
The focus is on collaborative, multi-professional working to improve the safety of vaginal breech birth using the skills of all maternity care professionals.
Training will include:
- A research update
- Thorough theoretical and hands-on explanations of how breech babies journey through the maternal pelvis in a completely spontaneous birth (the breech mechanisms), enabling you to distinguish between normal progress and dystocia
- Hands-on simulation of complicated breech births and resolutions, using narratives and videos of real breech complications, to enable you to practice problem-solving in real time
- Models of breech care that work within modern perinatal services
- Access to video resources following the training
- Resource booklet containing presentations and the Physiological Breech Algorithm