Panelist: Dr. Sophie Waterman: MD, CFPC, Physician Lead for the Managed Alcohol Program which was started by the Gwa'sala-'Nakwaxda'xw First Nation, Physician Lead for the North Island Rural Birth Program and operates a full-time family and emergency medicine practice.
Panelist: Dr. Julius Elefante: MD, FRCPC, Clinical Instructor for the University of British Columbia, Psychiatrist at SPH, VGH, the West End Mental Health Team, and the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addiction.
Panelist: Dr. Andrew Yamada: MD, CCFP, Medical Lead - Fraser Health Rapid Access Clinics, Withdrawal Management Programs and Youth Programs. Clinical work: Surrey Memorial Addiction Consult Service, Fraser South RAAC, Creekside Withdrawal Management Center, Quibble Creek OAT Clinic, Surrey Intensive Case Management Team, and Surrey Managed Alcohol Program
Panelist: Dr. Paxton Bach: MD, MSc, FRCPC, FASAM, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia.
Moderator: Dr. Christie Newton: MD, CCFP, FCFP, Associate Professor, Associate Head Education and Engagement, Medical Director UBC Health Clinic, UBC
- Moderator and presenters visible via webcam
- Presentation slides visible on the webinar
- Audio live through your computer speakers
- Your questions sent via slido
Prior to the webinar you will receive an email from UBC CPD with connection details. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folders. You should add "@ubc.ca" to your safe sender list. If you do not see the connection email, please contact us.
How to ask Questions
The Question & Answer page is OPEN NOW - we encourage you to submit your questions early.
Go to https://www.sli.do/ and enter the event ID #: COVID-15April. Or go directly to https://app.sli.do/event/cxgqpsfn.
- Type out your question in the ‘type your question’ field and click ‘SEND'. You will see your question posted and you will be able to review questions that others have asked. Your questions can be asked anonymously, just leave your name out when posting your questions.
- Up-vote: feel free to click the thumbs up icon beside the questions you like as this will move those questions to the top of the queue.
- Questions will be reviewed by the moderator and relayed to the presenters before the session and during the Q&A period.
More COVID-19 Information