CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - NOW CLOSED!
Abstract submission deadline was January 26th, 2015.
You gave us feedback in 2015 and we listened! We plan on offering even more quick snapper-style abstract presentations which will be relevant to our BC audience and likely helpful and inspiring!
We are opening a call for abstracts to collect and share our audience’s innovative research as well as their favorite apps and eHealth tools. We encourage demonstrations and stories of experiences in short 5-10 minute presentations and also have a special track for student research.
DEADLINE: January 26th, 2015 (Monday)
Notifications will be sent by February 27th (Friday) 2015.
The use of information and communication technologies in health -- or eHealth -- in BC is moving faster than we as providers can genuinely engage in. It's an exciting time, yet the reality is our healthcare professionals are either quickly adopting the changes, overwhelmed, or somewhere in the middle. Our goal is to open a dialogue, share experiences, and provide a platform to offer accessible and practical approaches to adopting innovative technologies in our province. Our inaugural conference was a great success, thanks to the many interested individuals and organizations and their support. Join us in this exciting, interactive, and thought-provoking program in its second year to advance eHealth adoption in BC together!
This year, we continue to build on our focus and invite scientific presentations within five overarching themes:
1. Public engagement – How patients and families are using information and health care technologies
2. Interprofessional collaboration and practice change
3. Electronic Health Record (E.H.R.) and meaningful engagement
4. How health care professionals are using information technologies, such as biosensors or mobile health tools
5. Technology for continuing professional development and student learning
- Oral presentation (5-10 minute oral presentations with 5 minutes for Q&A)
- Poster Presentations
- Research or evaluation may be published or unpublished, a single study or a body of work, the work of an individual or a team.
- Time frame for when the research or evaluation was conducted is open, but the impact should have occurred recently.
- Personal reflections on experiences of using ehealth tools are also welcome. E.g. sharing a favourite app, how to optimally use electronic records, highlighting a favourite social media site, ehealth tools to improve communication between health professionals and patients, tools to promote and advance interprofessional collaboration towards patient centred care
The Primary contact listed on the abstract will be the main contact for the meeting organizers.
Each abstract will be adjudicated on:
- Relevance to selected theme and overall context;
- Scientific merit/evidence-based research;
- Relevance to everyday clinical practice;
- Potential impact for advancing eHealth;
- Clarity of research question or problem addressed;
- Quality of research or evaluation design and methods;
- Findings are reported clearly with implications for practice; and
- Implications for knowledge translation are well defined.
ABSTRACT ADJUDICATION PROCESS
Adjudication will be completed by a team of peers from practice and academia.
Must be a Word document no longer than 250 words without charts or tables - text only, and can include the following headings (* mandatory):
- Project title *
- Researcher name(s) and affiliations (where you study/work) *
- Introduction and Background *
- Methods *
- Results/Findings *
- Discussion/implications *
- Acknowledgements (of funders, supporters)
All presentations will be in English. Translation will not be provided.
- Public engagement
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Practice change
- Electronic health record (EHR)
- Health care professional engagement
- Technology for education and learning
- Innovative App or social media sites
- Student presentation track
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference registration is required to present your abstracts. When your abstract is accepted, you are guaranteed the early bird rate for registration.
By submitting an abstract to this initiative, you are giving permission for your, if accepted, abstract & poster to be made available on the internet, accessible to the general public.
SUBMISSION (NOW CLOSED)
Please submit your abstract by Monday Jan 26, 2015.
We welcome your contribution and wish you the best of luck!