Induction and Augmentation of Labour
This self-learning online course will provide Registered Midwives with the requisite knowledge and skills to safely prescribe and manage induction or augmentation of labour as outlined in the CMBC Framework for Midwifery Certification for Induction and Augmentation of Labour in Hospital. It is intended for Registered Midwives only. The self-learning online course is the first of two components required by CMBC to obtain specialized practice certification in prescribing, ordering, administering and managing induction and augmentation of labour in hospital.
- Self-Learning Online Course
- Provides IOL theory and pre-learning for the in-person preceptorship
- Learners must receive at least 80% on the final examination in order to pass this component of the certification process and receive a certificate of completion. (Note: chapter exercises and quizzes do not count towards your final grade.)
- Competency-based Skills Assessment
- Following the completion of the online course, midwives must complete a competency based skills assessment that demonstrates appropriate skills in managing pharmacological induction/augmentation of labour by a supervisor (obstetrician, family physician, or midwife who is already certified and privileged in this area of specialized practice).
This course meets the requirements of the CMBC's Framework for Midwifery Certification for Induction and Augmentation of Labour in Hospital and has been approved by the CMBC board. Midwives who successfully complete this course are eligible for CMBC issued specialized practice in this competency area.