Please note: This course is now full. If you wish to be placed on the Wait List please click the registration link or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are excited to launch this first ever sexual health community of practice through UBC CPD.
The Sexual Health Forum is a virtual community of practice - a place for physicians to learn from and with each other, and to expand knowledge, skills, and expertise in order to provide the best care for patients in the realm of sexual health care.
The Sexual Health Forum provides two main ways for you to engage with your colleagues:
- A Journal Club - made up of six five-week sessions starting on August 2015 running to June 19, 2016 (up to 12.0 study credits). This is an online & asynchronous program, so you can access the course at any time that suits your schedule.
Start dates of each session are:
- Introductory session: August 5, 2015
- Session 1: September 14, 2015
- Session 2: October 26, 2015
- Session 3: January 11, 2016
- Session 4: March 29, 2016
- Session 5: May 9, 2016
- An ongoing practice-based Dialogue - where you are invited to discuss anything relevant to sexual health and clinical practice with other members of this online forum. For example, you may:
- Discuss case-based practice-inspired questions/experiences;
- Seek colleagues' expertise and opinion;
- Share clinical and patient education resources;
- Consider new research;
- Post other relevant CPD opportuinities; and
- Initiate discussion on topics relevant to practice and professional development in sexual health and healthcare.
Moderators of this online community of practice are primary care physicians with interest and expertise in sexual health care.
Dr. Marisa Collins, MD is a Medical Director for Options for Sexual Health BC and Medical Director, Accreditation, at UBC CPD.
Dr. Rachel Vogler, MD is a family physician working in women's and sexual health clinics in Vancouver.
Dr. Heather McEwen, MD is a family physician working in women's and sexual health clinics in Vancouver.
This course is for practicing physicians or Nurse Practioners. If you are a resident or any other health care professional please contact us to be placed on the waiting list. Feel free to contact the Sexual Health Forum Administrator for more information at email@example.com.