BC Pediatric Early Warning System (PEWS) for Inpatient and Emergency/Urgent Care Settings
This is a short online continuing medical education course designed for BC health care providers that care for children. This course will introduce you to the Pediatric Early Warning System (PEWS), with the intent to provide you with the knowledge and skills to improve the care of your patients.
Designed in partnership by UBC CPD and Child Health BC.
This course is divided into three lessons:
- What is BC PEWS?
- Components of BC PEWS
- Case Review
How to access the eLearning course
- STEP 1: Login to https://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to https://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD eLearning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
Now that you are logged in:
- STEP 2: Access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “Pediatric Early Warning System (PEWS) for Inpatient and Emergency/Urgent Care Settings” or go to this url: https://elearning.ubccpd.ca/course/view.php?id=263
- Click “Enrol me”