Note: The MRP makes the referral to the RCA – ICBC is not involved in the process. Follow your normal referral process and indicate this is an RCA referral for an ICBC claim on the referral letter
Click on the blue "?" icons on the image below to reveal content.
Why is this information collected and how is it used?
- ICBC holds a database of RCAs which is managed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- If an RCA referral is recommended, the injured person must be referred to a specific physician from this list.
- It’s important for ICBC to know the MRP is going to make a referral because it tells the Claims Specialist to be on the lookout for activity on the file
- “Referral requested for” is where you write the reason for referral (e.g. injury type, failure to improve, etc.)
- See RCA FAQ for more info on the RCA process