UBC CPD supports physicians in their role as clinical field assessors of those enrolled in the provincial PRA-BC program (an alternative route to licensure in BC for qualified internationally-educated physicians). We prepare assessors for the 12-week Clinical Field Assessment (CFA) of PRA-BC candidates.
Interested in becoming a clinical field assessor or assessment site? Visit www.prabc.ca and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: March 2, 2020
Clinical Field Assessor Development Program
1. Clinical Field Assessor Training (provided by UBC CPD)
The Spring 2020 Agenda will be available to download here in due course. This document provides you with event timing, high-level overview of topics to be addressed, as well as names of participating faculty. The slides from the Spring 2020 Training will be available here: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=66.
Agenda & Slides
Note to Spring 2020 Assessors: The password will be emailed to you. You may also contact email@example.com to get the password.
The Spring 2020 Agenda will be available to download here in due course.
This document provides you with event timing, high-level overview of topics to be addressed, as well as names of participating faculty.
The slides from the Spring 2020 Training will be available here: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=66.
|Pre-workshop checklist for assessors||Pre-workshop Checklist|
|Assessment basics||Introduction to Supervision of PRA-BC Candidates During CFA
Glossary of Terms
Evaluation Objectives (external link)
How to Give Effective Feedback
Modified One-Minute Preceptor
Connecting Sentinel Habits with CFPC and CanMeds Objectives
|Additional resources||List of Acronyms|
Workshop (2 days | Vancouver BC)
- April 3 - 4, 2020 (Fri-Sat)
- Expectations of PRA-BC candidates and assessors
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Use of standardized practice-assessment tools (Field Note, Mini-CEX, etc.)
- Delivering feedback
- Challenging conversations
- Modeling patient-centred care
- And much more…
Forms & Samples
We would like to acknowledge the Saskatchewan International Physician Practice Assessment (SIPPA) program for their contributions to the development of materials and resources to support PRA-BC candidates and assessors.
Resources: AFMC Faculty Development for Teachers of IMGs
- Educating for Cultural Awareness
- Orienting Teachers and IMGs
- Working with IMGs: Assessing Learner Needs & Designing Individually Tailored Programs
- Working with IMGs: Delivering Effective Feedback
- Working with IMGs: Promoting Patient-Centred Care and Effective Communication with Patients
- Working with IMGs: Untangling the Web of Clinical Skills Assessment
To navigate between modules, click "choose a module" on the left sidebar.
2. PRA-BC Clinical Director
To connect with the PRA-BC Clinical Director and for general information about PRA-BC, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.