Therapeutics Initiative: established by the University of British Columbia and independent from the government
- Up-to-date, evidence-based, practical information on prescription drug therapy
- Independent assessments of evidence on drug therapy
- Therapeutics Initiative Letter Jun-Jul 2014: Reducing Polypharmacy: A Logical Approach
- Therapeutics Initiative Letter Apr-May 2014: Statins Proven and Associated Harms
- The PAD service is funded by the Ministry of Health’s Medical Beneficiary & Pharmaceutical Services Division.
- Objective, balanced, evidence-informed drug information on the best prescribing practices.
- Each topic is accredited for up to 1.0 Mainpro-M1 credit
- Sessions are usually 15-30 minutes long and are arranged at a time that is convenient for the physician
- Sessions are usually held in the physician's office, but can be arranged at another location or conducted via Web conferencing
Healthy Skepticism: South Australian independent, non-profit organization
- Evidence-based healthcare
- Resources to reduce harm from misleading health information
Pharmed Out: Georgetown University Medical Centre project.
- Evidence-based prescribing
- Education about pharmaceutical marketing practices
Prescrire: non-profit continuing education organization
- Independent information on treatment and healthcare strategies
Worst Pills, Best Pills: Public Citizen's Health Research Group
- Unbiased, evidence-based information