BEFORE applying please note the following to ensure you are eligible to apply:
• Only physician organizations are eligible to apply for credits.
• Processing time is: 4-6 weeks. Applicants should plan at least 3 months in advance to prepare in time for review.
• Applications received less than 2 weeks before the event date will not be accepted.
• Post-event approval is not permitted.
• Check the accreditation UPDATES .
• Review the Accreditation Standards and the UBC CPD Guidelines for Commercial Support .
• Applications from pharmaceutical, medical communications, or for-profit companies will not be accepted.
• For first-time applicants seeking Mainpro+ only, or Mainpro+ applications for non-UBC events, or applicants with no physician organization please apply directly to the BC Chapter of the CFPC via the online certification portal CERT+ .
Our online application system, Blitzen, is optimized for Chrome or Firefox. Clicking "Save Progress" at the bottom right of the form will generate a unique URL for you to bookmark where all further changes will auto-save.
Once you click "Submit", you will receive payment instructions (see Fees). You will also have the option to receive a copy of your submission by clicking "Email Copy to Me".
To apply by email, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org at UBC CPD:
Signature pages may be photographed or scanned.
Save the pdf forms below and fill it out with Adobe Reader (free http://get.adobe.com/reader) or Acrobat.
Mac users must install Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Mac Preview will not work with fillable PDF forms. Steps: Install the most recent version of Adobe Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader). Save the form to your local drive on your own computer and note the location of the saved file. (ex. Documents). Open the Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader application 4. On the Acrobat Reader menu, go to File->Open. Open the file from the location in which you saved it. The form will not work if you simply double-click it, unless Acrobat/Reader is already your default PDF viewer.
1. FEES Fees pertain to each type of study credit requested and whether or not industry support is being sought. Payments may be made by cheque (to 'UBC CPD' and mailed to the address below), visa or mastercard. Please call JoAnna to provide payment info - do not email. If requisitioning JV please mail the original to be processed at our office.
2. Essential Information Form All applicants must fill out this form. It is the umbrella form for the application package.
3. Application Form(s) corresponding to credit types requested:
• MOC Section 1 Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) credit for specialists
• MOC Section 3 Simulation OR Knowledge Assessment application
• Mainpro+ College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) credit for family physicians. For a summary of changes which came into effect June 27 2016 see the left menu item **Mainpro+**
Online Modules: Need to meet all the usual requirements for CPD credits plus additional criteria.
4. Budget Include your budget disclosing revenue/funding sources (with or without industry sponsorship) and expenses.
5. Evaluation Your course evaluation form must include opportunity for participants to assess i) bias, ii) learning objectives, iii) reflection, iv) balance; and additionally for Mainpro+ v) knowledge enhancement, vi) barriers to change and vii) CanMEDS/-FM roles addressed. The required questions are highlighted in the sample. You may also use our Speaker Evaluation template.
6. Detailed program of event including learner-centered objectives for each session, speakers, topics, start and end times, question and answer/discussion periods, breaks, social events, website of conference, website link for registration, etc.
7. Program brochure or registration form, email or link.
8. Disclosure Forms of all members of the planning committee (scanned or e-signed). It is fine to use the old version of the disclosure form.
*NEW* As of Jan 1 2017 Sponsor and Speaker letters: The following documents are now required to be submitted with applications: (See UPDATES)
9. Speaker Letter Instructions to speakers regarding accreditation standards for which they are responsible in their presentations. You may use other templates for letting your speakers know what they are responsible for in terms of accreditation.
10. Sponsorship Request Letter (if applicable). This is a sample of appropriate benefits which may be offered to sponsors. You likely have your own prospectus which is fine as long as it doesn't contravene with the UBC CPD sponsorship guidelines for accreditation.
Submit your completed application package via email to:
JoAnna Cassie, UBC CPD Accreditation Coordinator, Faculty of Medicine
T: 604 875 4111 x69135