BEFORE applying please note the following to ensure you are eligible to apply:
• Read the UBC CPD Planning Guide early in the planning stages, and check out our infographic of the application process.
• Only physician organizations are eligible to apply for credits.
• Scientific Planning Committee (SPC) must consist of at least 2 physicians.
• Processing time is: 4-6 weeks. Applicants should plan at least 3 months in advance to prepare in time for review.
• An expedited fee is charged for applications received under 4 weeks prior to start date of program
• Applications received less than 2 weeks before program start date will not be accepted (10 business days).
• Post-event approval is not permitted.
• Check the accreditation UPDATES.
• Review the Standards for Approval and the UBC CPD Support Guidelines (includes commercial and not-for-profit support)
• Applications from pharmaceutical, medical communications, or for-profit companies will not be accepted.
• For first-time applicants seeking Mainpro+ only, or Mainpro+ applications for non-UBC events, or applicants with no physician organization please apply directly to the BC Chapter of the CFPC
Note 9 out of 10 of applications submitted contain all the required information and as a result are processed quickly. The checklist below outlines requirements for a complete application.
The online and pdf applications require the same information. Consult the left hand menu or the CPD Planning Guide for more detailed explanations.
Click the 'Apply Online' button to lauch (or view) our online application system, Blitzen, which is optimized for Chrome or Firefox. The application questions are the same as those in the pdf forms below.
Clicking "Save Progress" at the bottom right of the form will generate a unique URL for you to bookmark where all further changes will auto-save.
Once you click "Submit", you will receive payment instructions (see Fees). You will also then have the option to receive a copy of your submission by clicking "Email Copy to Me".
To apply by email, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org at UBC CPD:
A complete application package includes the application form plus attachments, which will be unique to your program.
1. Fees Application fees due at time of submission.
2. APPLICATION FORMS: January 2019 marked the launch of revised application forms.
These fillable pdf application forms reflect the National Standard which launched in January 2018. Use ONE of the following which are applicable to either group learning or assessment credits:
Save the pdf forms below and fill it out with Adobe Reader (free http://get.adobe.com/reader) or Acrobat.
Mac users must install Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Mac Preview will not work with fillable PDF forms. Steps: Install the most recent version of Adobe Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader). Save the form to your local drive on your own computer and note the location of the saved file. (ex. Documents). Open the Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader application 4. On the Acrobat Reader menu, go to File->Open. Open the file from the location in which you saved it. The form will not work if you simply double-click it, unless Acrobat/Reader is already your default PDF viewer.
3. Declaration Forms are included in the applications or are also available in the left menu.
4. Budget Identify expenses AND all sources of funding/revenue (with or without industry sponsorship) directly on the budget, as well as how any surplus or deficit will be handled. A budget should be a stand-alone document.
5. Program Evaluation The required evaluation questions are: i) identify whether the content was biased, ii) identify whether learning objectives were met, and iii) reflect on application to practice. OPTIONAL: Asking about barriers and balance, depending on the educational design. The required questions are highlighted in the sample. You may also use our Speaker Evaluation template.
6. Detailed program agenda of event including learner-centered objectives for each session, speakers, topics, start and end times, question and answer/discussion periods, breaks, social events.
7. Program brochure/invitation and registration form, email, or links to website and/or registration.
9. Speaker Letter A copy of the instructions to speakers regarding accreditation/certification standards for which they are responsible in their presentations.
10. Sponsorship Request Letter (if applicable). Programs seeking sponsorship are required to adhere to the UBC CPD Support Guidelines. When requesting sponsorship, only approved sponsor opportunities outlined in the request letter are permitted.
11. Certificate containing all required information and physician organization logo (and co-developer if applicable).
As of Jan 1 2019, also required:
12. Needs Assessment The tools used to develop the needs assessment are required to be submitted with applications (eg. previous evaluation summary, etc). This requirement is to show how the needs assessment was used to identify the needs for the CPD activity.
13. Sponsorship Agreement (if applicable) Programs seeking sponsorship are required to adhere to the UBC CPD Support Guidelines. Submit a sample sponsorship agreement signed between the physician organization and sponsors. Reminder: all agreements must now be countersigned by the physician organization.
If applying by email, submit your completed PDF application package via email to:
JoAnna Cassie, UBC CPD Accreditation Coordinator, Faculty of Medicine
T: 604 875 4111 x24616