Supporting midwives throughout your career
The CPD Midwifery Program supports practicing midwives in BC and across Canada through continuing professional development. Learn how to build a midwifery practice, provide essential emergency skills and support pregnant patients and newborns.
By attending CPD programs you will remain up-to-date on essential skills by attending conferences, workshops and webinars related to perinatal health across the patient journey.
Support at-risk and unwell newborns
- Update your emergency skills
- Create a gender-inclusive practice
We offer learning activities that meet your needs as a midwife.
Free online learning for midwives:
- Midwifery Emergency Skills
- Midwifery Immunization Communication
- Midwifery Materials Management
- Gender-Affirming Perinatal Care
Courses and workshops for midwives:
- Hormonal Contraception
- Induction and Augmentation of Labour
- STI Screening & Treatment
- Communication and Documentation
- Safe Prescribing for Midwives
- Surgical First Assistant
- Perineal Repair Workshop