Rural CPD Annual Report 2022-2023
UBC Rural CPD (RCPD) is a partnership between the UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) and the Rural Coordination Centre of BC (RCCbc) and is funded by the Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues (JSC), a joint committee of the Doctors of BC and BC Ministry of Health.
Through this partnership, RCPD has delivered education across rural and remote British Columbia to hundreds of health professionals. In person and online, thousands of hours have been dedicated to teaching and learning in communities across the province.
In 2022-2023, we delivered:
- 21 Hands on Ultrasound Education course days in 9 communities, reaching 165 participants in majority RSA A communities
- 10 Rural Point of Care Ultrasound Rounds (POCUS) sessions, reaching 450 participants
- 40 RTVS Virtual Simulations on topics such as pediatric head trauma, postpartum hemorrhage, and pneumosepsis
- 10 Rural Rounds sessions, reaching 543 participants
- 4 Virtual Health Grand Rounds sessions, covering topics such as virtual dermatologic exams, augmented reality as a medical learning tool and virtual ophthalmology exams
We also facilitated:
- 29 IMG and new to practice physicians through the Personal Learning Plans Program
- 800+ participants through our Coaching and Mentoring Programs, equating more than 4,300 coaching hours
- 100 participants through our Nawh whu’nus’en – We see in two worlds, Indigenous Patient Led trauma and resilience-informed curriculum for rural and rural-serving providers