ICBC and UBC CPD are partnering to develop education for family physicians (FPs) and other health care professionals (physical therapists, occupational therapists, and medical office assistants) to introduce changes to how ICBC works with physicians and patients in British Columbia, including moving from a compensation-based model to a care-based model.
The ICBC Education Project offers webinars, an online module, and in-person workshops in 2019 for family physicians, occupational therapists, physical therapists, medical office assistants, and other health care providers who support patients after a crash.
Learn more about the changes at ICBC here: http://www.icbc.com/change
- May 8 - In response to questions from webinar participants, ICBC has updated the definition of when to use the new Standard Report. The Standard Report should be used for injured people that are not off work/school, off work/school up to seven (7) days, and/or not significantly impacted in performing their typical activities of daily living. If a return to work isn't imminent and return to work planning will be required, the Extended Report should be completed.
- Archived webinar recordings
- For family physicians
- For MOAs - coming soon
- Online module – in development
- In-person workshops – in development
- ICBC Health Services pages (link)
- ICBC Physician webpage (includes frequently asked questions)
- Registered Care Advisor (RCA) Information Guide (pdf)
- Medical Report Templates (link)
- How To Fill Out The GP Standard Medical Report (pdf)
- Consent to Release Reports (pdf)
- Pre-Authorized Treatments (pdf)
- MOA Billing and Key Points Handout (pdf)
- Apply for a vendor number (link)
- Fee Guides (log in required)
- RCA Listing (coming soon)
- RCA registration (coming soon)
- ICBC support and resources (link)
- ICBC Health Care Inquiry Unit (1-888-717-7150; M-F 8:30am-4:00pm)
- Doctors of BC Liaison Committee (email@example.com)
For more information about the ICBC Education Project please email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.