Coaching and Mentoring Program or CAMP recognizes that supportive relationships formed in rural CPD programs almost always fall somewhere on a spectrum between mentoring and coaching. CAMP offers physicians two programs, The Clinical Coaching for Excellence and The Rural Physician Mentoring Program.
What is Clinical Coaching for Excellence?
- Clinical coaching is considered a training or development process by which the coachee is supported while achieving a specific personal or professional result or goal. Through the coach/coachee relationship, the aim will be to improve the participating physician coachee’s confidence and skills, leading to better professional performance and patient outcomes.
- For more information about the Clinical Coaching program, visit the coaching page: https://ubccpd.ca/rural/coaching
What is Rural Physician Mentoring Program?
- Mentoring is defined as a purposeful and personal relationship in which a mentor provides guidance, feedback and wisdom to facilitate the growth, confidence and development of the mentee.
- The Rural Physician Mentoring Program is a formal, structured physician mentoring program designed to specifically address the needs of physicians who are new to rural practice in British Columbia.
- For more information about the Rural Physician Mentoring program, visit the mentoring page: https://ubccpd.ca/rural/mentoring
If you are interested in participating in CAMP, please complete our Expression of Interest.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org