Breast Cancer Screening Update: What's New in BC?
The new BC Cancer Agency’s BC Breast Cancer Screening Policy came into effect in February 2014. The new policy resulted from a larger Provincial Breast Health Strategy review that took into account the 2011 recommendations by the National Canadian Task Force on Preventative Health Care (CTFPHC) on breast cancer screening for women at average risk of developing breast cancer, aged between 40 to 75+ years. The updated policy has an increased emphasis on informed decision making and encourages patients to have discussions with primary care providers.
With endorsements from the Screening Mammography Program of BC and content contributions from the Centre for Excellence in Cancer Prevention, this 45-minute online module outlines the new screening guidelines for breast cancer in BC.
How to access the eLearning course
- STEP 1: Login to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD e-learning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
Now that you are logged in:
- STEP 2: Access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “Breast Cancer Screening Update: What's New in BC?” or go to this url:http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=20
- Click “Enrol me”