Latching on: How Family Physicians Can Support Breastfeeding Patients
Breastfeeding is important for the lifelong health and wellbeing of both parent and baby. As a care provider you have an important influence on a parent's infant feeding decisions. Check out our redesigned and updated online modules to learn more about how you can best support breastfeeding families. There are two modules available, with content that has been tailored to your specific needs as a primary care provider or specialist physician. This course is tailored content for primary care providers. If you are looking for specialist physician focused education please go to: https://ubccpd.ca/course/breastfeeding-sp
- The background of the Baby-friendly Hospital Initiative and its relevance to family physicians.
- The importance of breastfeeding and risks associated with human milk substitute.
- The identification and management of common breastfeeding challenges.
- Specific resources and services for breastfeeding support and medical management, including when and where to refer.
How to access the eLearning course
STEP 1: Login to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD eLearning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
STEP 2: Now that you are logged in, access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “Latching On: How Family Physicians Can Support Breastfeeding Patients” or go to this url: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=148
- Click “Enrol me”