With the recent legalization of cannabis, health providers are increasingly approached by patients for information on recreational and medical cannabis.
This online module is for health providers looking to explore a variety of topics on recreational and medical cannabis, including legal status, types of cannabis, benefits and risks, and evidence-based recommendations. This interactive course will review patient education, screening/treatment of cannabis use disorder, and provide guidance on writing authorizations for medical cannabis with a sample prescription. Learners will also have access to clinical tools such as a cannabis flowchart, evidence summaries, and other resources.
How to access the eLearning course
- STEP 1: Login to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD eLearning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
Now that you are logged in:
- STEP 2: Access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “Cannabis Education for Health Care Providers” or go to this url: https://elearning.ubccpd.ca/course/view.php?id=320
- Click “Enrol me”