The purpose of this course is to help physicians incorporate the new Guidelines for HIV Testing in British Columbia (BC) into their practice. The new guidelines articulate HIV testing recommendations for BC in 2014. Each component of these guidelines will be evaluated with ongoing monitoring and assessment. As with all guidelines, HIV testing recommendations will evolve over time.
This course is divided into six lessons:
- Lesson 1 Background & Rationale for New HIV Testing Guidelines
- Lesson 2 New HIV Testing Guidelines
- Lesson 3 Special Considerations for Testing
- Lesson 4 Plan for Testing
- Lesson 5 Result Guidelines
- Lesson 6 Initial management of an HIV diagnosis