This course is divided into four lessons:
- Introduction: This section highlights the role of communication and documentation in supporting best care outcomes.
- Regulations and the Law: This sections reviews the statutes and policies that dictate communication and documentation standards.
- Communication and Teamwork: This section provides tools to support effective communication.
- Documenting Care: This section reviews the purpose of documentation, the role of the intellectual footprint, the six essential elements of the records and how ensure the medical record reflects credible and defensible practice.
How to access the eLearning course
- STEP 1: Register
- Complete the registration form
- Note for student learners: please use the discount code you received from your program.
Now that you have your enrolment key:
- STEP 2: Login to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD eLearning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
Now that you are logged in:
- STEP 3: Access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “Midwifery Communication and Documentation Course” or go to this url: https://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=291
- Click “Enrol me”