The British Columbia Physician Integration Program (BC-PIP) aims to support the successful transition of practice-eligible international medical graduates (IMGs) from the provisional registry to full licensure to practice medicine in British Columbia (BC).
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) requires all provisionally licensed IMGs new to practice in BC to complete the program within six months of registration.
Participants must be registered in the provisional class with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC to enroll in the IMG Orientation Conference, the MCCQE Part 2 Preparation Course, and the Personal Learning Plan Program.
The Joint Collaborative Committees (JCCs), a partnership of the Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC, has generously approved funding to cover tuition fees for BC-PIP participants to attend the IMG Orientation Conference from April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2022. There are no fees for the online modules.
See all BC-PIP Program Components on the Courses Page.
- Orientation: This one-day course offers networking sessions and group learning opportunities on clinical and non-clinical content. It is offered two times per year and attendance is mandatory
To find out more and to register for the Spring 2021 Orientation, please contact visit our course page.
- Online Modules: These online learning opportunities include video/interactive tutorials and skills assessments on clinical and non-clinical content that allow you to learn at your own pace. All six online modules are available at the links below.
- Billing in BC: Basics for Family Medicine OR Billing in BC: Basics for Specialty Medicine
- Landscape of Health Care in BC & Canada
- Safe Prescribing
- Introduction to WorkSafeBC & ICBC
- Continuous Learning & Practice Improvement for Family Physicians OR Continuous Learning & Practice Improvement for Specialists
- Practice Management
- MCCQE Part 2 Exam Preparation: The course covers an overview of the MCCQE Part 2 Exam and the Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE) Format.
We do not currently have an MCCQE Part 2 Exam Preparation Course scheduled due to the cancellation of the MCCQE Part 2 Exam. To be notified of when our next MCCQE Part 2 Exam Preparation Course is scheduled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Learning Plan Program: This program matches physicians looking for support meeting practice goals and navigating the CPD landscape with a peer advisor
BC-PIP Proof of Completion for CPSBC
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) requires all participants to submit a Proof of Completion for BC-PIP. Follow the instructions below to receive your Proof of Completion:
- Download your certificate for the IMG Orientation conference. This is emailed to you after attending the event.
- Download the “Course Completion Certificate” from each required online module (a total of six certificates). Note: a certificate is granted after completing all the required components of an online module.
- Upload all seven certificates to the BC-PIP Proof of Completion Request Form and submit.
UBC CPD will issue the Proof of Completion within 10 business days. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Funding for BC-PIP is provided by the Joint Collaborative Committees (JCC), a partnership of the Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC.