The British Columbia Physician Integration Program (BC-PIP) aims to support the successful transition of practice-eligible international medical graduates (IMGs) from the provisional registry to full licensure to practice medicine in British Columbia (BC).
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) requires all provisionally licensed IMGs new to practice in BC to complete the program within six months of registration.
BC-PIP is supported by the Joint Collaborative Committees (JCCs), a partnership of the Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC.
BC Physician Integration Program (BC-PIP) Timeline
- Orientation: This one-day in-person course offers networking sessions and group learning opportunities on clinical and non-clinical content. It is offered two times per year - once in Vancouver and once in Surrey – and attendance is mandatory. Distributed learning sites (i.e. videoconference) are available in Victoria, Kamloops & Prince George for your convenience.
- Fall 2019 – September 22, 2019
- Spring 2020 - date TBD
- Online Modules: These 8-10 hour online learning opportunities include video/interactive tutorials and skills assessments on clinical and non-clinical content that allow you to learn at your own pace. All six online modules are available at the links below.
- Billing in BC: Basics for Family Medicine OR Billing in BC: Basics for Specialty Medicine
- Landscape of Health Care in BC & Canada
- Safe Prescribing
- Introduction to WorkSafeBC & ICBC
- Continuous Learning & Practice Improvement for Family Physicians OR Continuous Learning & Practice Improvement for Specialists
- Practice Management
- MCCQE Part 2 Exam Preparation (Optional): The one-day course covers an overview of the MCCQE Part 2 Exam and the Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE) Format
- September 21, 2019 - Space is limited
Participants must be registered in the provisional class with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
You may claim Mainpro+/MOC credits associated with the IMG Orientation and Online Modules.
The Joint Collaborative Committees (JCCs), a partnership of the Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC, has generously approved funding to cover tuition fees for BC-PIP participants to attend the IMG Orientation Conference from April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2022. There are no fees for the online modules.
BC-PIP Proof of Completion for CPSBC
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) requires all participants to submit a Proof of Completion for BC-PIP. Follow the instructions below to receive your Proof of Completion:
- Download your certificate for the IMG Orientation conference. This is emailed to you after attending the event.
- Download the “Course Completion Certificate” from each required online module (a total of six certificates). Note: a certificate is granted after completing all the required components of an online module.
- Upload all seven certificates to the BC-PIP Proof of Completion Request Form and submit.
UBC CPD will issue the Proof of Completion within 10 business days. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
- Steven Yau, MD, CCFP, Medical Director
- Kathryn Young, MA, Project Manager
- Kate Meffen, BSc, Program Coordinator
- Gurveen Grewal, MPH, Project Manager
- Bianca Boicu, BA, Research Assistant
Here is a checklist to help you keep track of program requirements.