UBC CPD supports physicians in their role as clinical field assessors of those enrolled in the provincial PRA-BC program (an alternative route to licensure in BC for qualified internationally-educated physicians). We prepare assessors for the 12-week Clinical Field Assessment (CFA) of PRA-BC candidates.
Interested in becoming a clinical field assessor or assessment site? Visit www.prabc.ca and email email@example.com.
Clinical Field Assessor Development Program
1. Clinical Field Assessor Training (provided by UBC CPD)
This document provides you with event timing, high-level overview of topics to be addressed, as well as names of participating faculty. The slides from the Fall 2018 Training will be available here: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=66.
Agenda & Slides
Note to Fall 2018 Assessors: The password will be emailed to you. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the password.
This document provides you with event timing, high-level overview of topics to be addressed, as well as names of participating faculty.
The slides from the Fall 2018 Training will be available here: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=66.
Workshop (2 days | Vancouver BC)
- September 28 - 29, 2018 (Fri-Sat)
- Expectations of PRA-BC candidates and assessors
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Use of standardized practice-assessment tools (ITER, Mini-CEX, etc.)
- Delivering feedback
- Challenging conversations
- Modeling patient-centred care
- And much more…
Forms & Samples
We would like to acknowledge the Saskatchewan International Physician Practice Assessment (SIPPA) program for their contributions to the development of materials and resources to support PRA-BC candidates and assessors.
Resources: AFMC Faculty Development for Teachers of IMGs
- Educating for Cultural Awareness
- Orienting Teachers and IMGs
- Working with IMGs: Assessing Learner Needs & Designing Individually Tailored Programs
- Working with IMGs: Delivering Effective Feedback
- Working with IMGs: Promoting Patient-Centred Care and Effective Communication with Patients
- Working with IMGs: Untangling the Web of Clinical Skills Assessment
To navigate between modules, click "choose a module" on the left sidebar.
2. PRA-BC Clinical Director
To connect with the PRA-BC Clinical Director and for general information about PRA-BC, contact email@example.com.