Optimizing Care for Gay, Bisexual, and other Men who have Sex with Men (gbMSM)
This is a short online continuing medical education course designed for family physicians and primary care providers in Canada. This course will introduce you to gbMSM health issues and implications with the intent to provide you with the knowledge and skills to improve the care of your gbMSM patients.
Designed in partnership by UBC CPD and Community-Based Research Centre for Gay Men's Health, Health Initiative for Men, Interior Health, Island Health, Fraser Health, Northern Health, Men's Health Initiative, Providence Health Care, and Vancouver Coastal Health.
This course is divided into four lessons:
- Social and Political Context of gbMSM health
- Epidemiology & Life Course
- Safer Spaces, Language, and Communication
- Case Studies
How to access the eLearning course
STEP 1: Login to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD eLearning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
STEP 2: Now that you are logged in, access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “Optimizing Care for Gay, Bisexual, and other Men who have Sex with Men (gbMSM)” or go to this url: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=112
- Under Self Enrolment (Student), Click “Enrol me”