This 10 to 15-minute module will provide medical and surgical specialist physicians with the information and tools to be able to offer breastfeeding support and medical management in British Columbia.
- A brief review of the importance of breastfeeding, and the relevance to specialist physicians of the World Health Organization (WHO) Baby-friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI).
- A case study that reviews the identification and management of medical issues in breastfeeding patients.
- Online resources for breastfeeding support and medical management.
How to access the eLearning course
STEP 1: Login to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca
- Click “Login in” top right or go directly to http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/login/index.php
- If you already have a login for the UBC CPD eLearning site you can use the login that you had previously, otherwise:
- Create an account by clicking “Create new account” and follow the steps (you will receive a confirmation email)
STEP 2: Now that you are logged in, access the course
- From the home page, click on the course titled “But I Don't Do Maternity Care! Specialist Physician Management of the Breastfeeding Patient” or go to this url: http://elearning.ubccpd.ca/enrol/index.php?id=105
- Click “Enrol me”